Sales Engineer - Fox Valley Wisconsin
Posted on: Dec 11, 2020
Responsible for sales territory in the Fox Valley Wisconsin area representing and building the Conveyor Solutions, Inc. brand. The Applications Engineer contacts existing and potential new customers to promote sales of material handling equipment and systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Sales Engineer
- Work hard, work smart and have fun!
- Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Present sales plan to Sales Manager and manage daily efforts toward plan. Report progress monthly.
- Manage and grow relationships with current customers in established territory. Regularly visit customer sites to understand customers operations; identify opportunities where CSI can add value; introduce products, services, and solutions.
- Develop new customer relationships by identifying business needs and growth plans, educating key decision makers, and recommending integrated solutions to achieve business goals.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively customize solutions to meet customer’s business objectives. Inform customers of material handling technology trends.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously, some with assistance from estimating and engineering, but often completes small to mid-sized projects independently. Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements. Develops concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions. Presents proposals to clients.
- Respond to leads timely, qualify the opportunity and resolve with tracking in CRM.
- Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate, and close.
- Process orders and inform customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, final payment, etc.)
- Present corporate PowerPoint presentation to clients.
- Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support.
- Offer customers after sales service and preventive maintenance plans.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to track the sales cycle.
- Work to gather project information from customers through site visits, phone conversations and electronic communication.
- Prepare Master Estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs
- Travel to job site as required or necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in weekly sales and company meetings.
- Begin developing relationships with key suppliers. Develop strategies to introduce new supplier technologies to customers.
- Perform market research by monitoring competitor price, product, and service strategies.
- Selecting suppliers and establishing mark-up/margins.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and tasks to ensure we are best serving our customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or related degree/experience
- 5-10 years experience in technical sales role
- Material handling systems experience and/or distribution operations experience a plus
Must possess valid Drivers’ License. Will travel local (4 hour radius) 25%-50% of the time.
- Required Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet
- Proficient user of presentation tools (MS PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Rel. 2014 a plus
- Ability and Desire to Learn!
MATH SKILLS/REASONING ABILITY
- Strong mathematical skills and reasoning ability required
- Present a strong sales-oriented demeanor with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organization and negotiation skills, time management, and problem solving capabilities
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Excellent judgment and solid decision making skills
- Detailed oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three dimensions
Team Player Dependable
Positive Attitude Customer Focused
Ethical and Honest Productive
- This position works 50% in the office and 50% visits to customer facilities.
- This position requires, at times, to work in a warehouse environment.
- This position requires ability to lift 25 lbs.