Sales Engineer - Central Florida (Tampa)
Posted on: Dec 21, 2020
Responsible for sales territory in the Central Florida (Tampa) area representing and building the Conveyor Solutions, Inc. brand. The Sales Engineer contacts existing and potential new customers to promote sales of material handling equipment and systems.
We at Conveyor Solutions live by a core set of beliefs and principles that we define as our Core Values. Our Core Values are the foundation in all we do. This is especially true as we add team members to our growing family to ensure they exemplify our Core Values, which are:
- Optimistic and Growth Oriented
- “Make it Happen”
- Passionate and Enthusiastic
- “Own It”
- Creative Problem Solver
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Sales Engineer
- Work hard, work smart and have fun!
- Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Present sales plan to Sales Manager and manage daily efforts toward plan
- Manage and grow relationships with current customers in established territory. Regularly visit customer sites to understand customers operations; identify opportunities where CSI can add value; introduce products, services, and solutions.
- Develop new customer relationships by identifying business needs and growth plans, educating key decision makers, and recommending integrated solutions to achieve business goals.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively customize solutions to meet customer’s business objectives. Inform customers of material handling technology trends.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously, some with assistance from estimating and engineering, but often completes small to mid-sized projects independently. Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements. Develops concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions. Presents proposals to clients.
- Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate, and close.
- Process orders and inform customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, final payment, etc.)
- Present corporate PowerPoint presentation to clients.
- Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support.
- Offer customers after sales service and preventive maintenance plans.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management (Zoho CRM) tool to track the sales cycle.
- Work to gather project information from customers through site visits, phone conversations and electronic communication.
- Prepare Master Estimate Sheets for proposals showing all project costs
- Travel to job site as required or necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in weekly sales and company meetings.
- Begin developing relationships with key suppliers. Develop strategies to introduce new supplier technologies to customers.
- Perform market research by monitoring competitor price, product, and service strategies
- Selecting suppliers and establishing mark-up/margins.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, priorities and tasks to ensure we are best serving our customer.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or related degree/experience
- 5-10 years experience in technical sales role
- Material handling systems experience and/or distribution operations experience is required.
Must possess valid Drivers’ License. Will travel local (4 hour radius) 25%-50% of the time.
- Required Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet
- Proficient user of presentation tools (MS PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Rel. 2014 a plus
- Ability and Desire to Learn!
- Present a strong sales-oriented demeanor with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organization and negotiation skills, time management, and problem solving capabilities
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Excellent judgment and solid decision making skills
- Detailed oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three dimensions
- This position works 50% in the office and 50% visits to customer facilities.
- This position requires, at times, to work in a warehouse environment.
- This position requires ability to lift 25 lbs.