Project Manager - Elgin, IL
Posted on: Nov 05, 2019
With almost 25 years of providing solutions to our customers, CSI has a long history of developing relationships with our customers. To maintain our high expectations of high quality customer experiences, we need to expand our Project Management Department. Our Motto is "Creating Relationships, one Solution at a Time."
Responsible for the implementation and management of Conveyor System Integration Projects, interacting with Sales Personnel, Equipment Vendors, Sub Contractors, Dealers and Clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Management of Projects.
- Maintain project schedules, time lines and budget.
- Hold and manage project cost and add value engineering.
- Manage vendors, subcontractors and installation crews.
- Order mechanical and electrical equipment
- Interact with vendors and suppliers
- Making Project Schedules
- Site visits as required
- Meeting with salesmen on projects and quoting
- Communicate with sales on ongoing projects
- Prepare and place purchase orders for equipment and installation
- Manage the AP/AR cycle based on contract
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handoff and training with end user as required
- Assisting to generate job documentation
- Assist on entering orders for outside salesmen
- Ability to generate quotes and/or proposals
- Generate quotes for system spare parts
- 4+ years’ experience in the material handling field
- Must possess valid Drivers’ License.
- Will travel 25% of the time.
Ability to read blue prints and/or technical drawings
Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Excellent judgment and solid decision making skills
- Detailed oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three dimensions
- Optimistic & Growth Oriented
- "Make it Happen"
- Passionate & Enthusiastic
- "Own it"
- Creative Problem Solver
- This position works primarily in a typical office environment.
- This position requires, at times, working in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution and industrial environments or others based on contract.
- This position requires ability to lift 35 lbs.